Save the date from October 5th to 6th 2020, the event will take place in an online format within the topic «Preparing advisers for the digital era»
In order to meet the opportunities and challenges that digitization comes along with for the agriculture and forestry sector, agricultural, rural advisory, and education services are particularly called for. It is therefore essential to actively and comprehensively address the cross-cutting issue of digitization in advisory work. This is, on the one hand, to provide farmers and foresters with an offer that enables them to achieve the best possible results under a sustainably successful use of the digital and technological possibilities, and on the other hand to tackle the challenges and tap the potential digitization offers for knowledge transfer activities – like advisory work itself.
Building on the experience of previous GFRAS, IALB and EUFRAS events and activities and on the expertise, knowledge, and experiences of experts all over the world, the three objectives of the 2020 conference are:
– How can rural Advisors become the farmers’ ‘digital partner’ in order to maximize the AKIS digital benefit for both;
– How can advisors share experience, insights and motivations in order to leverage the digitisation among the wider AKIS;
– Can digitisation create greater flexibility and capacity of working for rural advisors while not leaving farmers behind.
Meeting Structure & Program
Organized as a global online live-event, the conference will provide a shared opening and closing session for all participants. In the 24 hours between the opening and closing, parallel workshops and regional sessions will take place.
The conference will be a participatory learning event with a range of different types of sessions, including keynotes, panels, presentations in plenary, group work in parallel workshops and virtual field trips. Despite the implementation as an online event, participants will be given a range of opportunities to provide inputs.
In order to meet the conference objectives, three keynote speakers will provide their reflections on this year’s thematic focus:
– What are our client’s future needs and how we reach them by Andrejs Vasiļjevs, Tilde, Latvia
– Embracing digital engagement in a post-COVID-19 environment by John James, Enablers of Change, Australia
– Globalization of the digital advisory solutions by Tom Kelly, TEAGASC, IrelandTom Kelly, TEAGASC, Ireland
SEE THE WHOLE CONFERENCE PROGRAM
Participation and registration
Online registration is open till the 21th of September in the REGISTRATION SITE. Participants from all regions of the world working or interested in the digitalization of RAS or in related fields are welcome to attend the meeting. Stakeholders from different sectors – public, private and civil society – are encouraged to register for the meeting, including representatives of farmers’ organizations, private companies, research and education institutions, development agencies, media and others.
There will be a registration fee of € 20 for all participants which can be paid by credit card or invoice before the conference. For more information on participation and registration please check the registration site.
For any inquiries, please contact liga.cimermane[at]llkc.lv