Advisory Services Database
The i2connect Advisory Service (AS) database is an EU-wide directory of professional organizations and individual actors that provide knowledge services to actors in agriculture, forestry, horticulture and related fields of the green sector along the agro-food value chain, as well as to other related actors in rural areas. Here, you can either search for an advisor or advisory organization within an EU-wide database or register yourself or your advisory organization.
Overview for the AS Database as part of the i2connect project
i2connect’s overall objective is to “Empower advisors as well as their organisations to engage and support farmers and foresters in interactive innovation processes”. To reach this overarching goal, three specific objectives were formulated:
1. To strengthen the skills, competencies and attitudes of advisors to support interactive innovation, by identifying and sharing best practices, developing tools and methods, training, and organising peer to peer learning & networking;
2. To enhance and profile the role of advisors in interactive innovation processes, at different scales: by a better understanding of the AFKIS at country level, by identifying providers of advisory services across Europe, by creating an enabling environment within advisory services, by better connecting and embedding advisory services within the AFKIS and by appropriate public policies;
3. To create a social support network and a networking culture among advisors facilitating interactive innovation processes. In particular, emphasis will be given to ensure that advisors in Central and Eastern European countries make use of the opportunities being created in the project.
The i2connect AS database is designed and implemented in a way that contributes to the three specific objectives, in particular to provide (a) information on existing practical cases and training opportunities across Europe, (b) identify advisory service providers in agriculture and forestry, and (c) exchange and networking among advisors engaged in interactive innovation. From an instrumental perspective, the AS database is considered to be a technical tool capable of performing the expected functions so that the objectives can be reached.
Taking into account the manifold, partly diverging interests and needs of the various stakeholders, two main objectives have been retained for the AS database:
• provide an overview of and give access to advisory enterprises and organisations in the EU and in i2connect partner countries,
• make advisors visible and accessible as individual professionals.
In particular, it was agreed that organisations and individual entrepreneurs should be represented with a selection of features that give a succinct and robust profile, and a link to further information such as a website and/or a linkedin profile etc. With these features, the database shall meet the various expectations expressed, and in particular the request of the Commission’s Directorate-General for Agriculture and Rural Development (DG AGRI), to make individual advisors visible and accessible, in order to strengthen and boost the AKIS perception in the Member States, which is a key objective for the next CAP period.